- Bucandi Environmental Solutions (BES) provides practical and cost-effective environmental and ecological consulting support. Our professional staff has experience providing a full range of services to a vast number of public and private sector clients. We combine sound scientific experience, legislative knowledge, and practical fieldwork to develop and implement solutions for a diverse range of projects. From small-scale development to large agricultural, mining and industrial projects, Bucandi Environmental Solutions is ready to take on your challenges.
- Below is a summary of services that BES has provided to our clients. We welcome new challenges as well, so please contact us to discuss your individual needs.
- 1) Environmental Authorisations including Basic Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments for construction and expansion of infrastructure in the mining, agricultural and private sectors.
- Bucandi has been involved in the following environmental authorisation processes:
- Basic Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments – Applications for listed activities under the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) (NEMA)
- Waste Licences – Applications for listed activities under the National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008) (NEM:WA)
- Atmospheric Emissions Licences – Applications for listed activities under the National Environment Management: Air Quality Act, 2004 (Act No. 39 of 2004) (NEM:AQA)
- Prospecting and Mining Right Applications under the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 (Act No. 28 of 2002) (MPRDA)
- Financial provision and closure applications in terms of MPRDA and NEMA
2) Specialist services
- Bucandi is qualified and registered to conduct the following specialist services in house:
- Flora and Fauna Assessments including assessments specific to African Grass-owl (Tyto capensis), Pickersgill’s Reed Frog (Hyperolius pickergilli) and Encephalartors Cycad species.
- Monitoring, reporting and verification of Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Traffic Assessments.
- Cultural Heritage Surveys.
3) Management Plans, Risk Assessments, Permit Applications and determination of carrying capacity for game and predators
Bucandi has provided services to the game industry including:
- Risk assesments for keeping of exotic species in terms of Section 14 of the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act (Act 10 of 2014): Alien and Invasive Species Regulations, 2014..
- Management plans for predators in compliance with Section 102(M) of the Nature Conservation Ordinance 1983, (Ordinance 12 of 1983) and Section 82 (d), (e) of the Nature Conservation Ordinance 1974, (Ordinance 19 of 1974)
- Registration of new facilities for Threatened or Protected Species (TOPS) according to the provisions of the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity (Act 2004, Act 10 of 2004) including:
• Captive breeding operations
• Commercial exhibition facilities
• Wildlife traders
• Scientific institutions
• Rehabilitation facilities
• Game capturers
4) Water Use Licence and Water Use Registration Applications for water uses such as boreholes, irrigation etc
Bucandi has provided comprehensive services relating to water use licensing and the general water use regulation process, including:
•Integrated Water Use Licensing
•Water Use License Auditing and Amendments
•Water Use Registration
•Transfer of water use entitlements
Integrated Water and Waste Management Plans
The Integrated Water and Waste Management Plan (IWWMP) has been compiled to assist mines and industries who apply for a Water Use License (WUL) in terms of Section 40 (1) of the National Water Act, 1998 (Act No. 36 of 1998) (NWA). The IWWMP acts as a management plan and requires approval in conjunction with the WUL by the Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS).
The aim of the IWWMP is to:
•Provide the regulatory authorities with focused and structured information, not only to meet their general information needs, but also to articulate the required
management measures and actions to achieve the water and waste related performance on an ongoing basis.
•Provide direction and guidance to the water user on water and waste management of any activity
6) Independent Environmental Audits
Bucandi has been providing auditing and monitoring according to Section 34 of the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations published on 4 December
2014 under sections 24 (5) and 44 of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998). We provide the following types of audits:
• Environmental Management Audits
• Environmental Compliance Audits
• Environmental Assessment Audits
• Waste Audits
• Environmental Due Diligence Audits
• Supplier Audits
Anton Louw – Office manager
076 422 3484
076 682 4369